Click here for December menu
Thursday, December 12 is Christmas Holiday Lunch for 1st & 2nd Grade.
All other grade levels will be served pizza on this day.
Click on an event for more details or
click here to see the full calendar
School Safety Hotline
The hotline is designed for crisis
prevention. If students know of an unsafe situation in school (weapons violations, bomb threats, drugs or alcohol, bullying,
etc.), they can anonymously pass on that information through the hotline, initiating immediate and appropriate action. Click here to learn more.
In the event of inclement weather, please check for school closing information at
Find out more about our Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) program!
Internet Safety & Cyberbullying Presentation
Please see our presentation on internet safety and cyberbullying
Online Student Info
You may be able to check your children's assignments and reports cards by logging in to
You can fund your children's lunch accounts by
logging into MyLunchMoney.com
Get in contact with a member of the faculty
In order to volunteer or chaperone at Braelinn, please read our volunteer information page
There are many easy ways that you can earn free money for Braelinn Elementary.
Click here to find out how. Send the link to this page to your friends and
- 11/20 - Christmas Holiday Lunch, Thursday, December 12
- Families of First and Second Grade students are invited to attend a Christmas Holiday Lunch on Thursday, December 12. Reservation forms will be sent home with students. Make your plans now to attend.
- Second Grade
Holley - 11:10 - 11:50
McClanahan - 11:15 - 11:55
Smith - 11:20 - 12:00
Ulversoy - 11:25 - 12:05
- First Grade
Beaty - 12:05 - 12:45
Buffington - 12:10 - 12:50
Harris - 12:15 - 12:55
Fink - 12:20 - 1:00
- All other grades will served pizza on December 12.
- 11/13 - Canned Food Drive - December 2-13
- It’s that time of year again, the Annual Braelinn Elementary Canned Food Drive. The care and support of Braelinn Elementary is obvious during this special time of year!!!
Please place all canned food/nonperishable items by “The Giving Tree” in the front foyer. This year 1/3 canned food will be donated to Fayette Samaritans, 1/3 the canned food will be donated to Promise Place,
and 1/3 canned food will be donated to The Real Life Center
- SPIRIT DAY: Friday, Dec. 6: Hat or Holiday Head wear: Students/staff may wear a hat or Holiday head wear for $1.00 or 2 cans.
Dec. 13: Last day for Canned Food
- 10/30 - Parent Survey - Please complete by 12/15/13
- All Fayette County Schools are required to be recertified by AdvancEd this year. This is the same organization that typically recertifies us every 5 years, formerly known as SACS.
We need at least 20% of our parents to respond to a survey to assess your feelings about the school system and Braelinn specifically. Please respond if at all possible. We do need your input.
Thanks for your participation in an effort to continuously improve our school.
- 11/7 - Second Parent Survey - Please complete by 1/31/14
- Braelinn parents are asked to complete a second parent survey as required by the state. We would like to have your input sometime before January 31, 2014. Your opinion is important to us!
- 10/3 - BYOT has started!
- Registration and user agreement forms are located here. Please return
both forms... students WILL NOT be permitted to use their device until we have received both items.
- 10/1 - Courtyard Days
- Due to popularity, parents are invited to eat lunch in the courtyard on Wednesdays and Fridays in the months of December and January. Please take only your child with you to the courtyard so that there
is space available for others.
- 9/29 - School Directories
- There are a few school directories available for sale in the office for $5.00. If you missed the pre-order deadline, you may pick one up this week before the last case is gone. We need to thank Michelle Conti
once again for doing all the data entry and organizing the information this year. It looks GREAT! We also had a record number of ads place in the directory this year thanks to the tireless efforts of our fundraising
chair, Kathy Turner. Thank you!!
- 9/29 - Earn money for Braelinn Elementary when you shop!
- Have you registered your Kroger Plus Card yet?? Kroger will now donate a percentage of your purchase when you swipe your Kroger Plus Card. All you have to do is go to the Kroger website and register your Plus
Card under Braelinn Elementary PTO. Kroger does the rest! Follow this link and set it up today... https://customer.kroger.com/Login.aspx!
- 9/22 - Safety first!
- Please be very aware of students present in the parking lot areas. Speeding golf carts can be just as dangerous as speeding cars. Our students' safety is our #1 priority!
- 9/22 - Would you like to help in the Media Center?
- If so, Mrs. Hipps, our Media Center Specialist, is in need of a few volunteers to help on Thursday afternoons with checking in/out books, shelving books and assisting the students. Also, SPECIAL PROJECT request:
Mrs. Hipps needs help logging in Lexile Levels for the books. This requires 1-1.5 hours entering Lexile level numbers into the computer. If you are interested in helping in either of these areas, please
- 9/15 - Landscaping and Playground Help Needed!
- If you are interested in helping with landscaping around the school or the playground area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not a huge time commitment but it makes an enormous impact! We need to
keep these areas in good shape for our students. Please let us know if you can help.
- Front door dismissal procedures: Afternoon car riders- parents should not park and walk up to the front door. Instead move up in the car line. Please have your yellow card in view on your dashboard on the passenger
side. Have your passenger window cracked so you can hear. Pull up to the colored star and cone that is called out. Watch for directions of the staff if asked to pull up. If you need to buckle your child, please move
up beyond all the colored cones to do so. Please share this information with anyone who is authorized to pick up your child.
- Please do not bring fast food for your child during lunch.
- We ask that parents who bring treats at lunchtime only give the treats to your child's class. Some students will feel left out if they don't get a
treat, and we would like to avoid hurt feelings. Other students have food allergies.
- Parents should not drop off or pick up students by car at the kindergarten door
- If you need to change the way your child is going home, please call before 2:00pm.
- Parents and Visitors must check-in the front office and get a visitor sticker! At all times!
- Parents, if you bring and/or pickup your child in a golf cart, you should park in the two designated parking areas rather than coming through
the car lane. This is a safety issue. Thank you!
- Please do not let your young children play on or near the golf cart path behind the golf cart parking lot on the kindergarten side. A few "near
misses" have been reported. Let's keep our kids safe!
- Lost & Found is located in the front hall. Please label all jackets and lunchboxes. All items will be donated at the end of each month!
- The GREEN Team is collecting gently used books, athletic shoes, Capri Sun empty containers. We also have a dumpster in the back of school that takes
all cardboard, paper, magazines, newspapers. We will no longer be accepting plastic bags or plastic containers of any kind. Please recycle them at
Kroger/Publix and the Recycling Center on McIntosh Trail. Learn more about recycling at
- Do you have any pictures of Braelinn events? Please send them to email@example.com
- If your Braelinn student is in the newspaper this school year, please bring an extra copy to the school for Nance Hudson. She will be putting them
on our "Newspaper Bulletin Board", which is near the media center.
As required by the No Child Left Behind Act, the Fayette County School System advises
parents that they may request, and the school will provide in a timely manner, information
regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teachers. Click here to learn more.